Skip to main content
Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
Pages and Files
Great Vowel Shift
Interesting Language Facts
Theories of Language Origin
Add "All Pages"
Welcome to the Etymology Wiki Spaces Page.
Language of History Assingment
See the Sample Page to understand what I'm looking for.
1. Based on your topic, you will need to break down your topic into specific categories for each of you to research.
2. You will all contribute to this site and should post your essay directly on the wiki topic page. Thus, if your topic is on dialectology - click on the link in the left column and all members can directly edit and write on that particular page.
3. Your essay should be at least five paragraphs - with an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion.
4. Your essay should be informative and written as you would be reading an entry in an encyclopedia or on wikipedia.
5. Your essay needs to contain hyperlinks, graphics and References done in MLA style - use
6. This site works like
; thus, you can edit the page and add to the page.
7. Your user name is rdhs-alexa and see me for your password. Write this down in a safe place, please!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"